professional Garage door CABLE repair services
Garage Door Cable Issues
You could experience many different issues relating to the cables on your garage door. These are just a few of them:
- Cables wind around your drum wrong – This causes the door to get jammed and droop to one side
- Cables become unwound – The only way to fix this is with garage door cable replacement.
- Pulleys get worn out – The pulleys must be replaced because they are just going to go bad over and over.
- Normal wear and tear – Garage door cable repair is necessary with time because the cables can get damaged or break from regular wear and tear.
- Fraying – Snapped garaged door cables are dangerous, and it can happen when there’s too much tension, causing the cables to fray.
Broken garage door cables can be dangerous, so you shouldn’t operate your door during that time. Instead, call the professionals at Sterling Garage Door Repair. If you’ve got a snapped garage door cable, we can help you fix it. Please don’t try to use the door with broken garage door cables.
Our technicians are highly experienced. We can help you fix the problem so that you can safely use your garage door again.
With garage door extension springs, the cables are attached directly to the springs.Typically, the safety cable is used for such springs. In a sense, the cables are found inside the springs, and they run vertically along the sides of your garage doors.
Their main goal is to keep your garage door springs from flying around and doing damage (or hurting someone).
Most homeowners don’t pay a lot of attention to the garage door. However, if you hear it squeaking or see that it shakes, it’s an indication that the cable snapped. You may also notice that the door seems to be uneven or crooked while it goes up.
If the safety cable is only jammed, the door could get stuck halfway while it’s opening. Ultimately, this means it could crash down quickly. It’s best not to use the door in this condition. Instead, you should call us to have the issue fixed. We repair garage door extension springs and retaining cables and have the experience to do it right!
Why trust us as your professional garage door repair company?
We know that you need your garage door to function correctly. It’s essential to comply with all of the safety regulations in place. They’re there for your protection. That way, the door doesn’t fall on your vehicle or your family members. Though you want to save money by doing it yourself, this isn’t advisable. In fact, we can save you money in the long-run by fixing the garage door cable correctly the first time. Since it’s essential to install the garage door cables correctly, you shouldn’t do it yourself. Garage door cable repair should be done by a licensed and experienced technician.